Avantair’s bargain proposition

Business Jet Traveler » April 2013
Avantair’s bargain proposition
“Our job is to provide dependable, top-notch service, without compromising safety,” said CEO Steve Santo. “I have no doubt we can do this going forward.”
Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 9:45am
FILED UNDER:

Comments

No Avatar
Frank Jones
on April 30, 2013 - 12:39pm

Avant Air is not a good option. We have tried booking flights and if you are looking for a Friday or Sunday flight, they dont have enough capacity, either their fleet is over subscribed or they dont have enough planes flying due to maintenance issues.

The other problem with this plane is the limited weight capacity. Although they will tell you it seats 8, they are limited to 1000 lbs. at take off, which is about 5 grown male adults. I have had them tell me many times that we can not fly with 6 people because we are overweight.

Avant is not a good option.

No Avatar
Bob
on April 30, 2013 - 1:23pm

low for the year is 10 cents, high of 85 cents...

How does that bode for capitalization long term?

No Avatar
Flyboy
on May 4, 2013 - 1:21pm

It depends on how you wany to use it. For a 2 hour flight you can load about 1500 pounds. The plane is really good for shorter legs 700nm or less.

No Avatar
Planeless
on May 21, 2013 - 2:23pm

Avantair is always down for maintenance, leaves you stranded without backup is not a good option and unilaterally alters the terms and conditions of the edge card contract. Find someone with better knowhow and finances.

No Avatar
M.Claiborne
on June 4, 2013 - 9:02pm

Three experiences: Four hours late and then cancelled at our home airport so flew out on NetJets the next day; Told they were sold out on two dates so flew on airline; Two hours late to fly 2 1/2 hours but diverted half-way through flight and left at an airport in the middle of nowhere because of maintenance issue. Never, ever, ever again.

No Avatar
Pilot - but never with this co...
on June 20, 2013 - 5:29pm

Business model is and has always been flawed. Too bad they convinced many folks otherwise. I can refuse to take care of myself by eating terribly and never exercising my whole life while burning the candle at both ends and never getting enough sleep and the result will be that I won't live long. Get the comparison?

No Avatar
fullof excuses
on June 22, 2013 - 5:52pm

Avantair is the worst private plane choice.I was stranded,late by over a day,lied to,told to use Delta at my expense so many times that I gave up and walked away even though they still have my money.Their leader Santo should have been fired by their toothless Board atlest a year ago.Santo could not run a 2 car funeral leave alone a 60 aircraft company.

No Avatar
P180 Pilot
on August 15, 2013 - 12:22am

I find it appalling that this article was written only months before Avantair shut its doors without notice, failing to pay their employees for nearly 3 weeks of pay. It has come to light that they only had a handful of airworthy planes and were robbing parts from other aircraft because they had maxed out their credit at maintenance bases. The owners and executives should be behind bars.